This policy describes how the Joint Learning Network for Universal Health Coverage (JLN) collects, uses, maintains, protects, and discloses the information that it receives about you from your interaction with any JLN websites, mobile applications, and social media (collectively the “JLN Platform”).
The JLN Platform is not intended for, and should not be used by, children under 13 years of age. The JLN does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13, and in the event that the JLN learns that the personal information of a child under 13 has been collected or received, it will be deleted.
Throughout this policy, you will see the terms “Joint Learning Network,” “Joint Learning Network for Universal Health Coverage,” “JLN,” “we,” “our,” and “us” – these terms refer to the Joint Learning Network for Universal Health Coverage, a global network of country members that are working to implement universal health coverage, and the JLN Network Manager that is responsible for the administration and management of the JLN Platform. Presently, the JLN Network Manager role is performed by Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a Massachusetts non-profit corporation with tax-exempt status pursuant to Internal Revenue Service Code Section 501(c)(3). You will also see the terms “I,” “you,” “your,” and “yours” – these terms refer to visitors to and users of the JLN Platform or any of the content contained therein.
Types of Information the JLN May Collect
The JLN may collect several types of information from and about users of our JLN Platform, including:
- Personal information you choose to provide. We do not collect any personally identifiable information about you unless you voluntarily submit such information to us, by, for example, filling out forms, creating an account on the JLN Platform, or making a donation.
- Information regarding financial transactions, namely donations, made through our website or on other components of the JLN Platform.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us or interact on the JLN Platform.
- Information about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access components of the JLN Platform, and usage details including:
- traffic data, location data logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the JLN Platform.
- your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
Ways that the JLN May Collect Information
The JLN may collect information either directly from you, the user, and/or automatically as you navigate through the JLN Platform. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through Google Analytics.
The JLN only collects Personal Information when voluntarily and knowingly submitted by a visitor. You can have general access to our JLN Platform and browse websites describing our organization without providing any Personal Information or being required to register. If you choose to make a donation to the JLN, whether by telephone, postal mail, or a JLN website, we will collect certain required financial information from you (such as your credit card information if you choose to submit your donation in that manner, and the donation amount).
Users may provide information to be published or displayed on public areas of the JLN Platform, or transmitted to other users of the JLN Platform. This information posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk.
Some web tracking information may include data, such as IP address data, that is unique to you. You can manually delete all cookies within your browser privacy settings. You can also set your browser to not accept cookies; although, this may prevent you from using some of the services offered on the JLN Platform.
How the JLN May Use the Information it Collects
The JLN may use the information that it collects in the following ways:
- To help us present the JLN Platform components and their contents to users.
- To provide users with information that they request from the JLN.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which the user provided the information.
- In any other way that is described when a user provides the information.
- For any other purpose with the user’s consent.
From time to time the JLN may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
The JLN may also disclose Personal Information that is collected as described above:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties who support the JLN and its charitable purposes, who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which the JLN disclosed it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which the user provided it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by the JLN when the user provided the information.
- With the user’s consent.
How the JLN Protects Personal Information
The JLN attempts to encrypt and protect transmissions of personal information through our websites using reasonable security measures, such as using secure socket layer technology (SSL), but we cannot guarantee the security of personal information transmitted to the JLN Platform.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although, we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of personal information transmitted to our websites or other JLN Platform components. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. Without limitation of the foregoing, we are not responsible for the actions of hackers and other unauthorized third parties that breach our reasonable security procedures.
How Users Can Access and Correct Personal Information
Users can review and change any of the Personal Information they provided when registering for an account on the JLN Platform by logging into the appropriate website and visiting their account profile page.
For any other concerns regarding user information that was submitted via the JLN Platform, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If a user deletes his/her contributions from the JLN Platform, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other website users.
For More Information
Management Sciences for Health
4301 N Fairfax Drive, Suite 400
Arlington, Virginia 22203