INTRODUCTION

MyJLN Home Forums Introductions INTRODUCTION

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

My name is Habib Abdulhamid. I am a medical doctor and also hold a masters degree in Health Planning and Management.

I work with the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS), the lead agency in Nigeria saddled with the responsibility of ensuring that all citizens and residents alike have financial access to quality and affordable healthcare.

I am currently an Assistant General Manager and head of HMO Quality Improvement Unit.

I have been involved in the implementation of key policies of the NHIS as well as enforcement of compliance with the Operational Guidelines of the Scheme by all stakeholders. As a Principal Manager in the NHIS Kwara State Office, I participated in the development, roll out and periodic review of health insurance programmes (including Community-Based and Tertiary Institution Schemes) as well as high level advocacy to improve uptake in the Informal Sector in the State.

I look forward to connecting with professional colleagues from all over the world, interact and share experiences and knowledge with a view to strengthening my capacity to contribute to the realization of the mandate of my organization as well as the achievement of Universal Health Coverage in Nigeria.

Thank you.

Greg Olson
      @golsonmsh-org

Hello Habib, thank you for the introduction and welcome!

It is very nice to meet you and to learn about the work you are doing at the NHIS in Nigeria. I am glad that you have joined the MyJLN community, and I hope that we can get you connected to others in some of the upcoming learning activities and discussions.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

MyJLN Home Forums Introductions INTRODUCTION