Introduction

MyJLN Home Forums Introductions Introduction

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Danny Gotto
      @d-gotto

I am Danny D. GOTTO I am from Uganda. Professionally I am a Medical Doctor working in both public/government hospital and private hospital within central Uganda. I am also the founder and Clinical Director of Innovations for Development a nonprofit organization that established and runs five health clinics in rural and peri-urban areas of Uganda. I am a member of the District COVID-19 Taskforce for Wakiso representing Civil Society Organisations that running health-related interventions in response to COVID-19.

Our clinics are currently serving the unreached communities helping to deliver the most needed healthcare services to mostly women and children. We provide a wide range of Primary Health Care services. We also run a Community Health Workers Program where our trained CHWs are delivering last-mile healthcare services ranging from communicable disease treatment, health promotion services, and family planning services.

COVID-19 has negatively impacted our operations in immeasurable ways from reduced funding support for our work to hiked prices for medical products and absolute scarcity of medical commodities. Most recently four of our health workers contracted COVID-19. This has created serious mayhem as the need to re-evaluate our protocols is so urgent.

Greg Olson
      @golsonmsh-org

Hello Dr. Gotto, welcome and thanks for joining MyJLN.

I am sorry to hear about the challenges your organization has been experiencing during the COVID-19 outbreak, and for your four colleagues who are also affected directly.

I hope that we can get you connected to some of our upcoming learning activities and you can share your experience with others and find ways to help in the response.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

MyJLN Home Forums Introductions Introduction