Introduction: Dr Louise Freijser

MyJLN Home Forums Introductions Introduction: Dr Louise Freijser

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Louise Freijser
      @freijser

Hi everyone,

I am Louise from Melbourne.  A global health researcher, currently working as a research fellow at the Nossal Institute for Global Health, and also as a research program manager at the Centre for Health Policy at the University of Melbourne.

I am part of a team that has been commissioned to undertake research for the WHO Western Pacific Region (WPRO) examining the redesign of primary care level services and public health activities in response to COVID-19.  So I am very excited to be part of this learning exchange to hear about what is happening in a wide range of different contexts.  I also recently produced a report for WPRO on the role of hospitals in strengthening PHC, which has some overlapping themes.

I have been engaging in COVID-19 research since March, through the development of an online course, Communicating COVID-19, preparing clinicians to tackle challenging questions, at the University of Melbourne. This course has over 2,600 enrolments from over 15 countries and has been selected as part of training for Indian clinicians through the Nossal Institute for Global Health.

It is an absolute pleasure to join the JLN to work with you all.  I really look forward to sharing your insights.

Warm regards,

Louise

Greg Olson
      @golsonmsh-org

Hello Louise, thanks for joining and welcome to the MyJLN community!

My name is Greg Olson, and I am a member of the JLN Network Manager team. It is great to hear about your WPRO work about the changes in primary health care during the COVID-19 pandemic. It would be interesting to learn more.

I hope that we can get you connected to other members and in some upcoming learning activities too!

Louise Freijser
        @freijser

Hi Greg,

My apologies for the very slow reply.  I confess I have been quite busy so have not been utilising this portal although I have greatly enjoyed the sessions so far.

We finally got the contract sorted and just stated the WPRO work late last year.  Happy to discuss more.

Very best,

Louise

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

MyJLN Home Forums Introductions Introduction: Dr Louise Freijser