About the Learning Exchange
The National Coordination of Pandemic Responses Collaborative is an initiative of the Joint Learning Network for Universal Health Coverage (JLN) and the Health Systems Strengthening Accelerator (Accelerator) project to foster experience sharing and collaborative learning around the challenges and successes with managing central coordination of a national response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Collaborative is facilitating cross-country exchanges on what has worked and not worked as well as the functions and capacities that a government and its partners need to strengthen the health system and inform future pandemic responses.
Between December 2020 and April 2021, the technical facilitation team hosted virtual learning events to discuss citizen compliance to public health measures, data use, balancing economic pressures, innovative communication approaches to sensitize and promote behavior change at community-level, and vaccine deployment.
In Phase II, running from July to November 2021, country teams are receiving targeted peer-learning and coaching support to address a COVID coordination challenge their country is facing and working to address. The Technical Facilitation Team is helping countries develop action plans, prioritize learning questions and support systematic ‘learning checks’ to reflect on progress and lessons learned in the implementation process and facilitate cross-country exchanges and linkages to relevant global evidence needed to advance implementation efforts. A learning community comprising peers and experts on priority topics such as disease surveillance, strategic communications (among others) is providing additional technical support and an opportunity for continued collaborative problem solving and learning.
Country cases and lessons will be synthesized and shared globally at the conclusion of Phase II.
Blogs on the First Phase of Activities
- What does it take to coordinate multi-sectoral, multi-level pandemic responses? Insights from the virtual collaborative launch webinar
- 8 Countries Join the Virtual Collaborative on National Coordination of a Multi-sectoral and Multi-level Pandemic Response
- COVID-19 collaborative focuses on citizens’ compliance to public health measures, data use, and integration of data systems
- Procurement, stocking, and distribution: What lessons can we learn from national strategies for equitable distribution of COVID-19 vaccine?
- Countries Need Continued Joint Learning and Problem-solving to Curb the COVID-19 Pandemic
Senior Program Director, R4D (Activity Director)
Program Officer, R4D (Activity Manager)
Dr. Nonye Egekwu
Senior Associate, Health Strategy and Delivery Foundation (HSDF)
Dr. Christine Ezenwafor
Senior Associate, Health Strategy and Delivery Foundation
Dr. Uchenna Gwacham
Associate, Health Strategy and Delivery Foundation
Senior Program Officer, R4D
Senior Program Officer, R4D
Prof. Raquel Duarte
Prof. Jongsu (John) Ryu
Prof. Samba Sow
Dr. Camilla Ducker